Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Force RSH for rdiff-backup?

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Force RSH for rdiff-backup?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:35:02 +0000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:44:24 -0800
"Michael Nguyen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm looking to speed up my rdiff-backups over the LAN interface in our
> production environment.  How do I force rdiff/rsync to use RSH instead of
> SSH?  The speed difference is significant and the loss of security is
> pretty minimal given that we're only talking to ourselves.

Hi Michael

In the rdiff-backup man page there is a section headed "REMOTE OPERATION" -
if you view the man page ("man rdiff-backup") then type a slash ("/")
followed by "remote operation" it will take you to the first occurrence of
that string. Typing 'n' will take you to successive occurances, and very
soon you'll come across the section with that name. In there it explains
how to use different schema (ie, methods of connecting to the remote
system).

Hopefully that will help you out.

Keith