Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup to chrooted environment

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup to chrooted environment
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:57:27 -0400

Michael Schachtebeck wrote:
 > has anyone succeeded in backing up to a server running a chrooted ssh
environment? I tried to do so, but I think I forgot to copy some files
to the chroot jail...

I considered it, but came to the conclusion it was too hard. I am sure its possible, but a better solution is as follows:

I think it would be easier to tackele the problem by using vserver or xen.

http://linux-vserver.org/

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/index.html

once we get off our backsides and get a new box in our rack, we are going to be offering rdiff-backup hosting on one of these technologies

dave