Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problems backing up to smbmounted dir

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problems backing up to smbmounted dir
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:35:37 +1000

robert breithuber wrote:
hello all,

please, i need some help, maybe someone can point me to the right solution:

i have no success in backing up to a windows machine using a mounted share.

I don't think its going to work.
we need to do some serious patching to the detection code to make this work.
probably even change the date format of the files.
you can probably rdiff-backup to a tmp directory, tar up the repository, then dump it on a windows share...

dave