Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup to ncpfs

From: dave kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup to ncpfs
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:50:38 +1100

Charles Duffy wrote:
Can you explain why a syscall attempting to perform this rename operation would fail with a permission denied error on ncpfs? Do you get the same thing when you attempt doing that rename yourself with mv (without the -f flag provided)? If so, please try to figure out why.

No I can't explain that. And I did try and create a file, mv it successfully, edit it, save, mv again. It all worked.
Its particularly strange.
Maybe the syscall is different from mv in some subtle way that ncpfs doesn't like. is that possible?

dave