Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup-1.1.5 can't use earlier rdiff-back

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup-1.1.5 can't use earlier rdiff-backup backups
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:47:05 -0600

Sebastien Maret wrote:
I've tried to make a new backup on the server and it's works fine. Are
the backups done with earlier versions of rdiff-backup imcompatible with
rdiff-backup-1.1.5 ?
Shouldn't be, no. (Not that I'm any authority, mind you -- but most of the folks who are actually authoritative seem pretty busy these days).

Can you restore the backup *locally* on the server, as opposed to over the wire?