Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Empty directory trees not being backed up

From: Toni Price
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Empty directory trees not being backed up
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:27:07 +0000

Ben Escoto wrote:

Toni Price <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:00:06 +0000
Ok, I have managed to repeat the problem on some dummy data I've created.
It's entirely possible that I simply don't understand properly how the --includes and --excludes work, but this behaviour seems odd to me.

You were absolutely right, under some conditions when you use an
include like "--include **XXX", empty directories may be skipped, and
this bug may have first appeared in version 1.0.0 (which fixed another
selection bug).

I think this patch will fix the problem, but you may want to test it
on your directory structure:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/selection.py?root=rdiff-backup&r1=1.41&r2=1.42&makepatch=1&diff_format=u

Well, it's taken me an inordinate amount of time to get back on this one, but just a heads-up really to say this seems to have fixed the problem on my backup (tested by upgrading to version 1.0.4, not by applying the patch myself) -- thanks!

Toni