Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rh7.3 and debian etch

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rh7.3 and debian etch
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:29:50 +0100

> Are there new rpms for rh7.3 or do I have to upgrade rdiff-backup and
> dependencies by hand? Suggestions?

RH7.3 is four or five years old. New RPMs would need later versions of
Python and also librsync, which in turn would be likely to need newer
libc versions (welcome to RedHat Package Management). My suggestion
would be to upgrade the server; as it is, it's likely to have many
security vulnerabilities. If that's not an option, it would be far
easier to install V1.0.1 on the Debian system than it would to upgrade
rdiff-backup only on the Red Hat system.

hth (a bit at least)

Keith
--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |