Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Simple nightly script?

From: Scott Lamb
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Simple nightly script?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:43:43 -0700

On Oct 19, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
But what about catching errors?

Seems like I should be sending output to a log file, grepping thru it and e-mailing it to myself if anything goes wrong.

I've looked at the examples at http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/ examples.html, but none of them seem to address this common need.

I'm not very trusting of computers, so I have a Nagios installation running. I have it independently check that jobs have succeeded, rather than looking for failed jobs. This will report failure even in weird circumstances - crond dies, the machine in question isn't even running, the network is down, whatever.

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>