[rdiff-backup-users] Is this a network error? What might be the cause?

From: Mikkel Høgh
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Is this a network error? What might be the cause?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:42:11 +0200

Hi there,

I have a problem with my rdiff-backup installation. It's been working
really well for me for a couple of months.

I have two Ubuntu 6.06 LTS servers where one backs up to the other up
hourly with rdiff-backup, but the last few days it has not worked at
all. Both machines are plain vanilla Ubuntu with the rdiff-backup
package from Universe, which is version 1.1.5-1. The machine being
backed up runs 64-bits and works as web/mail-server and the other runs
32 bits and our fileserver which runs Samba and rdiff-backups for most
of our machines.

I get the following output: http://paste.turbogears.org/paste/1175
(the first line is the command I used to reproduce this error (I use
backupninja for the normal backup cycles).

Is this a network issue or a protocol error or something else entirely?
--
Kind regards,
Mikkel Høgh