Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup of changing files

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup of changing files
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 19:49:30 -0700 (PDT)

without knowing anything about PITR... have you actually tried restoring
from rsyncs in this situation?  knowing what i do about the rdiff/rsync
algo i'm having a hard time imagining any such feature truly working over
*all* differences.  i can imagine how PITR works, and the problem i see is
that rdiff/rsync on a changing file produces a new file which potentially
never existed at any point in time.

anyhow if you send a patch to ignore this error i'll apply it

-dean