[rdiff-backup-users] Install problem? [was: backup to cifs share?]

From: Morgan Read
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Install problem? [was: backup to cifs share?]
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:47:45 +1200

Hi List

Seems my problem (below) has nothing to do with cifs.  After running a
local test, I get the same error:
address@hidden ~]# rdiff-backup --include-globbing-filelist
include-list-test / /home/tmp/testbackup
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?
    import rdiff_backup.Main
ImportError: No module named rdiff_backup.Main
address@hidden ~]#

include-list-test is:
/home/olwyn
- **

Perhaps, this is something to do with the install?  I used the following
command straight from the README to install to /usr/local :
address@hidden ~]# python setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local

Might installing to /usr/local have caused some problems - when I first
ran rdiff-backup directly following install, bash told me it didn't
exist in /usr/bin.  I put a simlink there, and then it seemed to run
(with the error).  Once I rebooted it ran with out the simlink (but,
with the error.)

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,
Morgan.

--
Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: