Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Computed SHA1 doesn't match

From: devzero
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Computed SHA1 doesn't match
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 22:49:39 +0200

on my system, SHA1 digest doesn`t seem to be stored at all.....

vmhost:/backup # rdiff-backup --version
rdiff-backup 1.1.9

Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file .viminfo,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/arch,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/ash,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/ash.static,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/basename,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/bash,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/cat,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/chgrp,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/chmod,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/chown,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/chvt,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/cp,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/cpio,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/date,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1
Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file bin/dd,
perhaps because these feature was added in v1.1.1

at least, not on all file.

i see digests in mirror_metadata file, but on many files , the digest is
missing.

this is with a _freshly_ created rdiff-backup directory.

can some of you test if --verify works for you with >v1.1.1 ?

regards
roland

ps:
i reported this problem once a while ago, but never received feedback for this.