Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.12 released

From: Joe Beda
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.12 released
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:17:28 -0700

That sounds good to me.  Obviously the stuff we've been talking about
is destabilizing enough so that working in a new dev branch would be
good.

Joe

On 7/12/07, Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden> wrote:
dean gaudet wrote:
> Andrew has blessed us with a plethora of commits.  it seems appropriate to
> have a release.  thanks Andrew!

Thanks for taking care of that, Dean.

There are a few more bugs I'm planning to nail down (see list below).
Maybe after 1.1.12 gets some real-world testing, we can look into a
1.2.0 stable release? I think 1.1.12 is running quite nicely on a lot of
platforms at this point.

Personally, I'd like to see a 1.3.x development branch opened for
reworking the way backups are done. Joe, does that sound good to you?

Andrew

Bugs I'm look at:

- The hang on Cygwin/FAT32, as I just posted (almost finished)

- Handling CIFS mounts that don't do symlinks, this is Savannah Bug
#20342 (https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20342). Does anyone have any
thoughts about what we should do? I am leaning towards creating a dummy
file.

- I'd like to add a command line option to change the temp dir
rdiff-backup uses. If rdiff-backup is running on only the local machine,
the temp dir can be changed with environment variables, but it seems
easier to use Python's tempfile.tempdir facility directly when dealing
with an rdiff-backup instance started over SSH. Savannah Bug #16809

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden