[rdiff-backup-users] Re: Duplicate mirror? [was Re: workaround for "[Err

From: Morgan Read
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Duplicate mirror? [was Re: workaround for "[Errno 91] File name too long..."?]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 00:31:10 +1200

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 17:17 +0200, David wrote:
> > Perhaps I should explain my objective - duplicating a mirror.  I used

> I suggest rsync to duplicate an existing mirror.
>
> eg: rsync -aH --progress --delete /source/ /dest/

I actually used rsync -a.  It seemed to work ok, it threw one error iirc
and rdiff-backup seemed to run an incremental over it with out any
problems.

Thanks,
M.
--
Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: