Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problems with local restore

From: chuck odonnell
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problems with local restore
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:29:20 -0400

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 06:41:57PM -0700, Michael Hannon wrote:
> Greetings.  I'm try to do a local restore of a guy's mail file, but I'm
> getting a Python dump, ending with the string:
>
>     IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

if the destination directory is large enough, maybe the issue is with
your /tmp directory being too small?

      http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/FAQ.html#free_space

if this is the case, i think the two options are to move /tmp to a
larger partition and symlink it, or change python's tempfile.tempdir

best.

chuck