[rdiff-backup-users] A rsnapshot tool for rdiff-backup

From: Julien Perez
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] A rsnapshot tool for rdiff-backup
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:21:38 +0100

Hello everyone,

I just would like to announce a micro-software I made using rdiff-backup: rbackup

rBackup is an alternative to the rsnapshot (http://www.rsnapshot.org/) backup program.
The aim was to create an easy to use backup procedure using the rdiff-backup script -
http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/ - (as rsnapshot is taking advantage of rsync - http://rsync.samba.org/).

It's using a sample configuration file and with that you can easily backup:
- local directories
- remote directories
- subversion repositories
- mysql databases

And it's fairly easy to add any functionnality to it (the script is like 400 lines long).

You can get a more complete description of what it does online at the following address:
http://rbackup.lescigales.org/ . You will see also actual samples of configuration.

I made it for my needs with my webhost and its working pretty fine so far. Anyway I'm always looking
for some input and feedback, so feel free to tell me :)

And big thanks to the one (or ones!) who made rdiff-backup, it's such a diskspace saver ! Thank you

Have a nice day,

Julien

rBackup: http://rbackup.lescigales.org/