Re: [rdiff-backup-users] error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

From: gart algar
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:51:18 +0100

Hello,
Wilson Azevedo a écrit :
> Friends rdiff-backup's users
>
> I'm a Linux (Xandros Debian Etch, on an Asus EeePC) novice user and
> need help to upgrade rdiff-backup to version 1.1.6 or 1.1.7. The
> version 1.1.5 I've installed from debian.org repository has a bug in
> working with Samba mounted windows file systems as well as sshfs
> mounted remote folders -- where I need to place the backup copies from
> my EeePC.
I don't know how to help you with GCC not compiling the header file, but since you are new to linux, maybe you should try to install rdiff-backup from another repository. I'm not familliar with Xandros, so these may not be accurate or even not work.
You should edit your file "/etc/apt/sources.list". Something like
"sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list" should work

add the following line :
deb http://www.backports.org/debian etch-backports main contrib non-free

Save and exit. Now, you can install rdiff-backup from this repository, like this :
apt-get -t etch-backports install rdiff-backup

I hope it will help you.