Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem restoring to directory with existing fi

From: Jeremy Polen
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem restoring to directory with existing files.
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:15:35 -0500

Restore into a temporary directory and then rsync... good idea. Thanks!

Jeremy

On Mar 24, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Dave Kempe wrote:
Jeremy Polen wrote:
Thanks Warren,

This was exactly what I was thinking, but I just wanted to know if someone had any ideas or patches in process that would allow us to the restore the mirror back into the directory that was backed up without deleting pre-existing files. I was working on patching rdiff-backup's restore to have a similar restore process like duplicity.

You could also restore to a different directory and use rsync to copy the files back over the top (without --delete of course)

dave