[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup on the Linksys NAS200

From: Dean Cording
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup on the Linksys NAS200
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:37:14 +1000

rdiff-backup users might be interested to know that an implementation of
rdiff-backup is available that runs on the Linksys NAS200, a cheap
self-contained NAS that supports two SATA drives.

The NAS200 is very underpowered, having a 486 equivalent CPU, so backups are
not very fast.  My inital 100GB backup took four days to run but subsequent
backups complete in about two hours. As I use it for an offsite backup, the
speed isn't such an issue.

Details of the NAS200 are available from
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175243283014&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=8301433766B09

Details on installing rdiff-backup are available from
http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57738