Re: [rdiff-backup-users] How to exclude dirs from basedir with "permissi

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] How to exclude dirs from basedir with "permission denied"?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:49:44 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Bert Hiddink wrote:

> When I do:
>
> rdiff-backup address@hidden::/usr/www/users/bendoo/
> /root/backup/bendoo-test
> ...I get a the following error from the remote system:
>
> Exception '[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/www/users'' raised of class
> 'exceptions.OSError':
>
> Althoug I do not have permissions in "/usr/www/users/", I do have in
> "/usr/www/users/bendoo/" (this is my webroot).
>
> I do not understand why rdiff complains about permissions while I only want to
> back-up "/usr/www/users/bendoo/" and not the higher-level directories?

I also have this issue running rdiff-backup on a webhost (bluehost) where
/home is a weird filesystem that I have no permissions for, but I can
access /home/myuser just fine. I wanted to back up some parts of my home
directory using rdiff-backup, but I currently cannot because of this.

I would be very happy to see this fixed.

Cheers, Chris.
--
\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |