Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problem with rdiff-backup

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problem with rdiff-backup
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:53:36 +1000

Madan Kumar wrote:
Hi all,
I am new to rdiff-backup. No doubt that it provides great functionality but I am facing problem with it, please do me some needfull.

I am using rdiff-backup on windows Vista and on XP.
I have downloaded the setup.exe for windows by following the link http://solutionsfirst.com.au/~dave/backup/ there are three exe files (rdiff-backup0.13.4w3.exe, rdiff-backup1.0.1w4.exe,

that package is really old.
If you can rebuild a new one against cywin from source might be a good workaround for now.
Josh Nisly is doing some great work getting rdiff-backup to run natively on windows - when this is finished you won't need cygwin and I am sure we will come up with an installer/howto when it is finished

dave