[rdiff-backup-users] Windows Backing up to Linux storing tiny diffs for

From: kartweel
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Windows Backing up to Linux storing tiny diffs for every file. Any ideas?
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 03:55:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm backing up from windows to linux over ssh using the new 1.2.0 on both
client and server. Dispite my efforts and fiddling with clocks, it stores a
diff for every file even when there are no changes. It isn't a big deal, but
I have some large files which take several minutes to generate diffs when
there is no need. I have tried synching clocks. I've tried the --no-acls
option with no difference.

Any ideas or any ways to try and further narrow down what the problem is?

The command I am using from windows is:

rdiff-backup -v8 --remote-schema "bin/ssh -C -l backup -i sshkey -o
\"StrictHostKeyChecking no\" %s rdiff-backup --server" --no-acls
--print-statistics C:\temp\test 192.168.2.2::test8

Thanks everyone.