[rdiff-backup-users] Bug in statistics in rdiff-backup 1.2

From: ahd71
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Bug in statistics in rdiff-backup 1.2
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 12:47:34 -0400

Hi,

I wonder why the start and end timestamp for session statistics not is taken
from the *same* system to avoid "strange values" when the clocks not are in
perfect sync.

Note that the 'end time' is 3min 18seconds BEFORE starttime (which was the
difference between the two clocks in this case).
another interesting thing is that the 'elapsed time' shows this as 56min
42seconds !!! (1h-3m18s=56m42s).

I haven't noticed any problems with the function of rdiff-backup due to this
problem. In this case I'm used rdiff-backup 1.2 from Windows and was sending
the data to a linux server (with rdiff-backup 1.2). Depending on which system
is ahead of the other the problem is more or less obvious.

I have recently discovered rdiff-backup and think it's great for my needs and
now with the native windows executable i hope that it become even better and
will be widely used! Eventually I will dive into the source code but maybe
someone already know that this is a problem and perhaps why it's implemented
this way.

Thanks / ahd71

--------------[ Session statistics ]--------------
StartTime 1218126757.00 (Thu Aug  7 18:32:37 2008)
EndTime 1218126559.78 (Thu Aug  7 18:29:19 2008)
ElapsedTime -197.22 (56 minutes 42.78 seconds)
SourceFiles 9
SourceFileSize 7438981 (7.09 MB)
MirrorFiles 1
MirrorFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
NewFiles 8
NewFileSize 7438981 (7.09 MB)
DeletedFiles 0
DeletedFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
ChangedFiles 1
ChangedSourceSize 0 (0 bytes)
ChangedMirrorSize 0 (0 bytes)
IncrementFiles 0
IncrementFileSize 0 (0 bytes)
TotalDestinationSizeChange 7438981 (7.09 MB)
Errors 0