[rdiff-backup-users] cannot get --exclude-globbing-filelist to work

From: Charles Bueche
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] cannot get --exclude-globbing-filelist to work
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:59:47 +0200

Hi,

no mater what I tried for patterns, --exclude-globbing-filelist just doesn't want to exclude files.

client : OS X Leopard / Intel, rdiff-backup 1.1.15
backups : to local disk (will be remote using ssh when I get it working)

command :

rdiff-backup
                                                                \
        --print-statistics
                                                                \
--exclude-globbing-filelist /Users/cbueche/Data/Tools/Backup/ rdiff_exclusions.txt \
        --verbosity 4
                                                                \
        --exclude-sockets
                                                                \
        --exclude-device-files
                                                        \
        /Users/cbueche/tmp/test
                                                        \
        /Users/cbueche/tmp/backups

what should I get into rdiff_exclusions.txt to avoid backing up a directory called /Users/cbueche/tmp/test/test2 and its content ?

TIA,
Charles