[rdiff-backup-users] Static version (freeze.py), C.so file, OVH rescue-p

From: Marcin Hlybin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Static version (freeze.py), C.so file, OVH rescue-pro
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:56:25 +0200

Hello guys,

I need to preapre a static version of rdiff-backup. I tried to use
freeze.py from python examples package (Tools directory). Everything
goes fine apart from C.so file.

BTW, what is it this file for? How can I include it to freeze.py?

Output from freeze as follows:
generating table of frozen modules
Warning: unknown modules remain: _bisect _hashlib _heapq _locale _random
_socket _ssl _struct array binascii cPickle cStringIO collections
datetime fcntl grp itertools math operator rdiff_backup.C
rdiff_backup._librsync readline select strop termios time zlib
Now run "make" to build the target: rdiff-backup

When I try to run compiled rdiff-backup version I get:
# ./rdiff-backup
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rdiff-backup.py", line 20, in <module>
    import rdiff_backup.Main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 24,
in <module>
    from log import Log, LoggerError, ErrorLog
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/log.py", line 22,
in <module>
    import time, sys, traceback, types, rpath
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/rpath.py", line
39, in <module>
    import Globals, Time, static, log, user_group, C
ImportError: No module named C

Or maybe there is some workaround for my problem? What I want to achieve
is to run rdiff-backup in limited rescue system provided by OVH hosting
company. I cannot build rdiff-backup inside rescue system because of
lack /usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile file.
I am not able to install any additional packages.

However, I copied rdiff-backup directory which was already built on
another machine. When I try to run I get ImportError: No module named C.
I tried to play around with PYTHONPATH variable but no luck.

Any ideas?

--
Marcin Hlybin, address@hidden
Systems Administrator, tel. +48 5151 403 66