Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Hidden directories are ignored during increment

From: Marcel (Felix) Giannelia
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Hidden directories are ignored during incremental backup
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:18:26 -0700

On 01/06/09 18:45, John covici wrote:
I think this is a problem in the fact that * never includes anything
beginning wth . character.  To do this, you need to back up a superior
directory to the Mail directory and that will work -- I do it all the
time.

A good way I've found to get the dot files without going up a directory (sometimes you really don't want the extra directory level) is the pattern "* .[^.]*", e.g.

will give you a list of all files and directories in the current dir, including dot files but without "." and ".." -- I learned the hard way that ".*" is a very bad idea because it does match "." and ".." :)

~Felix.

Hope this helps.

on Monday 06/01/2009 Cybertinus(address@hidden) wrote