[rdiff-backup-users] howto resume failed backup

From: elemental code
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] howto resume failed backup
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:44:29 +0100

Hi,

I'm backuping a host through an unstable link. So, each time the ssh connection get broken and rdiff-backup can't finish the backup.
When I restart it, I get "Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now" and all restart to zero.
Is there a way to resume a backup without regressing destination?

The only solution I found for the moment is to :
- first to use rsync to backup to a folder on the destination (I can resume with it)
- rdiff in local on the destination host but it use twice the space.

Have you an other idea to do it without using twice the space?

Best regards,

--
EF