[rdiff-backup-users] "In Place Backup" same source and destination folde

From: kurt witschi
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] "In Place Backup" same source and destination folder
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:10:03 +0100

Dear List
I would like to "mis-use" rdiff-backup as a sort of "revisioned home dir".
My first trivial test with "rdiff-backup -b test/ test/" indicate that it
should be possible to do "in place" backups, using the same folder as source
and destination. I'm fully aware that this is not a backup but more of a
history-keeper. Are there any dangers in doing this (e.g will this still work
with 1000's of files and bigger files)? Is anybody else doing something
similar, what are your experiences?
many thanks in advance for any feedback
kurt
ps: if you could cc me on your answer, im not yet subscribed. thanks