[rdiff-backup-users] max-file-size prevents backup of large directory

From: Adrian Cox
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] max-file-size prevents backup of large directory
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:48:55 +0100 (BST)

I'm using rdiff-backup 1.2.6, as shipped in OpenSuse 11.2.

I'm attempting to backup up a file system that contains a very large number of
small files, plus transient large files I wish to ignore. I'm using the
--max-file-size option, but as well as filtering out large files, rdiff-backup
is also completely ignoring directories with a large number of entries.

Is this expected behaviour, and is there a way to back up large directories
without backing up large files during the same run?

--
Adrian Cox <address@hidden>