[rdiff-backup-users] [SCRIPT] Contribution: Here is a script to make usi

From: Daniel Dickinson
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] [SCRIPT] Contribution: Here is a script to make using rdiff-backup for backups easier
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 05:05:21 -0400

This is a script I wrote so that I could backup using rdiff-backup with
a configuration file and a call to this script, instead of doing
individual calls to rdiff-backup.  Initially (and script still
supports) I did this because I wanted to have an easy want to the do
the backup including *LVM snaphots*.

The script supports backups that first take an lvm snapshot and backup
from the snapshot rather than actual disk.  Unforunately on my system I
noticed instability when using lvm snapshots of root and/or var and
thus stopped using them (that and the amount of space I had to set aside).

I hope you find the script (attached) and example configuration (also
attached) useful and interesting.

--
<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it