[rdiff-backup-users] Backup on Windows with exclude-globbing-filelist an

From: ABC DEF
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup on Windows with exclude-globbing-filelist and spaces in path
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:38:39 +0100

Hello,

I've been trying to make a backup with rdiff-backup from Windows Vista to a remote Linux box via ssh.
I'm trying to achieve something like this:

"S:\Program Files\rdiff-backup\rdiff-backup.exe" --exclude-globbing-filelist "S:\Program Files\rdiff-backup\my_exclude.txt" --remote-schema "s:\Program Files\putty2\plink.exe -i privatekey.ppk %%s rdiff-backup --server" s:\Temp\doc address@hidden::/home/user/.rdiff-backup

File my_exclude.txt looks like this:
- s:/Temp/doc/test

I've tried other variations, like S:\\/Temp\\/doc\\/test or S:\Temp\doc which was suggested in Windows howto, but nothing works and it throws this:

Fatal Error: Fatal Error: The file specification
's:/Temp/doc/test'
cannot match any files in the base directory
's:\Temp\doc'

So my goal is to exclude "test" directory from S:\Temp\doc. I am planning on backuping my Documents after I success with this, so I would also like to exclude some directories with spaces in their name (like "My Games").

Is it possible to do this with rdiff-backup on Windows?

Thanks and regards,
GroundZero