Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup Fails

From: Suneth Fernando
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup Fails
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:52:22 +0100

Thanks Nicolas for your quick reply. Really sorry about the long delay in replying back, I was away and was busy with so many things. Anyway I checked the file system using scandisk but did not find any errors. Also I guess if the file system has errors even initial backup should fail. But in this case if I delete the destination directory the backup works properly, this happens only for incremental.

I wonder whether this is a bug in rdiff-backup. For me it seems more like that rdiff-backup is having some problems with NTFS permission (read only etc.) Anyway this is just my guess.

Thanks again,

bye,

Suneth.