[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup tries to read .gvfs even if on exclude

From: Don Porter
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup tries to read .gvfs even if on exclude list on Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 15:45:13 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to rdiff-backup a file system including home directories on Ubuntu 10.10. The backup fails with permission denied errors on $HOME/.gvfs, even when I explicitly exclude it on the command line.

I've found several forums discussing the problem and mentioning that the problem is fixed in CVS.

My question: as of which release is it fixed?  (if it is fixed)

It looks like it has been >2 years since a stable release; as a result, Ubuntu hasn't pulled any updates to speak of. Would it be appropriate for a new stable release soon?

Alternatively, is there a patch that would fix this which I could request the Ubuntu developers to back-port into their code? (and use to build my own locally fixed version)

Thanks,
Don