[rdiff-backup-users] ListError when using sudo

From: Rudi Meyer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] ListError when using sudo
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:27:54 +0200

Hi there

I have a backup server setup to backup another server through an
unprivileged user. The unprivileged user is in the sudoers file and
kan sudo without password.

My rdiff-backup command:
/usr/bin/rdiff-backup --remote-schema 'ssh -C %s nice sudo
/usr/bin/rdiff-backup --server --restrict-read-only /'
address@hidden::/ /data2/backup/host/

So how I see it is that I should be able to read all files, no matter
what permissions? However I get errors like this on files owned by
root with r/w on user only:

ListError /etc/exim4/passwd.client [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/etc/exim4/passwd.client'

A test locally on the server I backup with the backup user and sudo
gives no trouble.

Ideas?

--
Rudi Meyer