Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rename rather than copy snapshot into increment

From: Dylan Alex Simon
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rename rather than copy snapshot into increments?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:12:46 -0400

The attached patch seems to do what I want, and makes my incremental backup at
least twice as fast.  However, I haven't been able to test it in all
scenarios, so I'd appreciate feedback.  In particular, there are probably some
error conditions I should catch, or other situations in which a rename won't
work.  It could also be done with hardlinks to avoid the change in backup.py,
but that would only work for regular files.

(Patch applies to both CVS and 1.2.8.)