[rdiff-backup-users] Exclude files

From: Michael Westman
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Exclude files
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:01:35 -0500

Hello, I'm having problems figuring out how to exclude files from a backup.

For instance I'm backing up an entire tree and buried inside that tree
is a file called Outlook.ost that I'd like to exclude since it is
basically a temp file.  However when I put in --exclude "*.ost" I get
an error that says that nothing in the base directory matches that
string.  That is correct since the *.ost is buried.

So, how do I do this?

Thanks,
Mike