[rdiff-backup-users] Disaple SSH encryption in local networks?

From: Marty_MC
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Disaple SSH encryption in local networks?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:59:37 -0700

Hello to everybody !

I am using rdiff-backup to backup a Synology server to a Linux server.
The backup is running well, however the transfer rate is very less.
Because of the less CPU power of the Synology server, I have a transfer rate of
15 mbit/s only.

I assume the reason for that is the 3des encryption of the SSH pipe.

How can I switch of the SSH encryption or at least switch to a faster blowfish
encryption in order to speed up the data transfer?

The -c cipher_spec switch which is outlined in the SSH man page is not working
as rdiff-backup command.

Thank you very much for your valuable replay

Regards
Marty_MC from Bavaria / Germany.