[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup with windows

From: Avi Kouzi
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup with windows
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 02:23:03 +0200

hello all,

I'm trying to use file-selection based rdiff-backup on windows machine backing up to a linux box.

I want to do the obvious excluding of (for example, thumbs.db file), and including of (for example *.exe files). When I execute either --exclude-globbing-filelist or include "*.exe" or "*" even, it drops with this message :

:\t" address@hidden::"/storage/bpk_avi/Drive-D/"
Fatal Error: Fatal Error: The file specification
    '*exe'
cannot match any files in the base directory
    'd:\t'
Useful file specifications begin with the base directory or some
pattern (such as '**') which matches the base directory.

nothing I've tried helps, what I basically want to do is this :

1. Backup only one file (my thought was first include the filename in question and then exclude * ) 2. Backup the entire directory (which works ok) but exclude certain files or file types.

I appriciate your comments and help in this manner.

Avi.