Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Process still running

From: Eric Beversluis
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Process still running
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:33:54 -0400

I guess I need to try to rephrase my question. Basically I need to know
what to do about the error message and my next backup. I'd like to know
what the "--force" option does before I try it in this case, since the
error message seems to imply that using "--force" can cause date
corruption. What does "to proceed with regress" mean? Does this mean I
would lose all of my diffs? Or does it somehow clear the "running"
process so I can proceed with the next rdiff-backup?

Thanks.