Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup logging in through sshd several ti

From: weloki
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup logging in through sshd several times
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:56:29 -0700 (PDT)

My setup is such that the backup server logs in to each remote host and
fetches all the data to store centrally (source is remote, destination is
local).

Perhaps the specifics of what I'm doing would give clues...
I set up a regular user's account for rdiff-backup on my backup server as
well as a directory where I save the backed up files to. That directory has
permissions for only rdiff-backup user and group (chmod -R
rdiff-backup:rdiff-backup /dirname). On the servers that I want to be backed
up I also created a user account for rdiff-backup, and in addition to the
entry in /etc/sudoers, in the file at
/rdiff-backup_home/.ssh/authorized_keys I put this on one line:

command="sudo rdiff-backup --server --restrict-read-only
/",from="backup_server_IP_address",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1<...long SSH public key here...> ==
address@hidden

So would each command rdiff-backup issues on the remote hosts require a
separate SSH login session?