Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Information

From: Edward Ned Harvey (rdiff-backup)
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Information
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:41:01 +0000

> From: rdiff-backup-users-bounces+rdiff-
> address@hidden [mailto:rdiff-backup-users-
> address@hidden On Behalf Of Ibrahim
> Dembele
>
> I am working on a project which consist to use rdiff-backup to make
> backup of data on line.
> So looking on internet i don't find anyway if rdiff-backup can make
> encryption component
> of data send

I use encfs.  Hopefully you are interested in linux, because encfs is difficult
to use on windows or mac.

If you use encfs for a solution like this, it would be similar to this:

You have an encrypted directory, which is encfs mounted plaintext.
You specify the plaintext directory as the rdiff-backup destination.  And then
you sync the encrypted directory online.

This does consume disk space, as multiple copies (encrypted and non-encrypted)
get stored on your local disk.  But it works.