Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLs

From: Joe Steele
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLs
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:28:31 -0400

On 7/19/2013 6:12 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:

On 19/07/2013 07:48, Grant wrote:
Will rdiff-backup save and version ACLs?  I'm hoping to use rsync
--fake-super to preserve ownership and permission info in ACLs and
then create an rdiff-backup repository from the rsynced files.

Well it is certainly meant to, but I have always used it with the
--no-acls option. If you don't use this option, it should save
acls, and I presume it does...

Just note (from http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/features.html):

ACL and EA support: If rdiff-backup can find the pylibacl and pyxattr (mac version) modules, and if the file system supports these features, rdiff-backup will preserve Access Control Lists and user-level Extended Attributes. ACLs are not supported, however, on Mac OS X or Windows as those systems do not use standard POSIX.1e access controls.

--Joe