Re: [rdiff-backup-users] [bug] AssertionError: Bad index order

From: Ilario
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] [bug] AssertionError: Bad index order
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 17:08:11 +0100

>> AssertionError: Bad index order: ('long_filename_data', '820') >=
>> ('backup-20140716', 'progetti', 'GeBuRi', '20121101-Progetto GeBuRi',
>> 'articoli', 'calcoli')
>
> The fact that in that directory there's also a file with a long
> filename could be a reason?

On the remote side I found this message in backup.log file:

===
Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now.
Warning: Could not restore file
backup-20140716/progetti/GeBuRi/20121101-Progetto GeBuRi/Progetto
GeBuRi.tar.gz!

A regular file was indicated by the metadata, but could not be
constructed from existing increments because last increment had type
None.  Instead of the actual file's data, an empty length file will be
created.  This error is probably caused by data loss in the
rdiff-backup destination directory, or a bug in rdiff-backup
Warning: Could not restore file
backup-20140716/progetti/GeBuRi/20121101-Progetto
GeBuRi/articoli/Effective transport properties for polymer electrolyte
membrane fuel cells.pdf!

A regular file was indicated by the metadata, but could not be
constructed from existing increments because last increment had type
None.  Instead of the actual file's data, an empty length file will be
created.  This error is probably caused by data loss in the
rdiff-backup destination directory, or a bug in rdiff-backup
Previous backup seems to have failed, regressing destination now.
===

It would not be a problem to remove entirely that directory from
remote and all its backup history from rdiff-backup as I still have
the original to copy over.
Is it possible?