[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and python3

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and python3
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 22:30:28 +1100

Folks,

Particularly the sol1 guys, where is the move of rdiff-backup to
python3 up to?

Has anyone tried anything about it?

As one of the Fedora maintainers, I know this is really going to cause
big issues with their next release as they plan to deprecate most
python2 items.

Also, I've just do a trial run of the 2to3 converter and didn't find
anything too dramatic, but of course, I haven't gone on to the next
stage of building the application yet.

Regards
Frank