Re: Disabling encryption for internal network

From: Derek Atkins
Subject: Re: Disabling encryption for internal network
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 12:52:44 -0400

Are you sure that SSH encryption is actually slowing down the backup?  I
wouldn't think so, as most devices have AES in hardware and SSH is pretty
efficient.  Before you just bypass it, I would test to see if that's
actually the bottleneck.

You could just run raw rdiff vs rdiff-over-ssh to test.  I suspect the
local I/O is the bottleneck and not encryption or network speed.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       address@hidden             www.ihtfp.com