ruby-tut-developer

Re: [ruby-tut] news

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [ruby-tut] news
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:58:44 -0400

Sigh, I'm afraid not.  I've doing other stuff most of the year.

I spent several weeks working on the GUI chapters.  I had almost all the
code done (using Ruby Tk) and one day, accidentally, I deleted the
directory where I had all my work.  I got really disillusioned when I did
that and didn't want to do it all over again, so I decided to leave it for
the moment.  Later on, other things came up and kept me busy.

Now that wxRuby is nearing completion I think I'll wait until it's done
and re-do the GUI chapters using wxRuby instead.  I like wxWindows much
better than Tk, and it has all the advantages that made me originally
choose Tk.

I should really do all the English updates too.  Sorry I haven't done
that.  I certainly the whole list of corrections and I will add them when
I start updating the tutorial again.

Cheers,
Daniel.