ruby-tut-developer

Re: [ruby-tut] File download area question

From: Laurent Sansonetti
Subject: Re: [ruby-tut] File download area question
Date: 04 Sep 2003 22:41:54 +0200

Hi Gabriele,

First of all, thanks for you good work :)  I can read a few words of
Italian (I should speak it natively, since I'm Italian as well), and it
looks great :-)

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 03:58, gabriele renzi wrote:
> Ok, I uploaded files in cvs and I put them in the
> download area for the project. Just one thing puzzled
> me:
> the only other file in the download area is the pkg
> from Laurent, and I'd put my file (named
> beginner-it-0.1.tar.gz) in the same dir but I don't
> have the right permissions (rwxr-xr-x lrz ruby-tut)
> so I created a sub dir in the top , now the stuff is
> like this
>
> ruby-tut
>  stable.pkg
>   1.0
>    beginner-fr-0.1.tar.gz
>  italian.pkg
>   1.0
>    beginner-it-0.1.tar.gz
>
> How do we want to organize these stuff?
> IMO  we whould mirror the cvs
> (I mean beginner.pkg/(de|en|fr|it)/(ver)/pkgname.tgz)
> but tell me what do you think..

Oh, sorry for the credential issue.  I was not aware of this since it
was my first Savannah upload.

Your idea seems fine, but we should design a maintainer, in order to
resolve the credential issue, unless it is possible to change rights
with sftp (i don't know).

So, if I understand well, the download tree should be so far like this:

  beginner.pkg
    fr
      beginner-fr-0.1.tar.gz
    it
      beginner-it-0.1.tar.gz

Am I right?  Daniel, what do you think about that?

For tutorial hosting, I think it would be better to ask James
(address@hidden) to host them on ruby-doc.org, since this site aims
to centralize all Ruby related documentation.  It's already done for
French version.

--
{ "Laurent" => "http://lrz.samika.net"; }