[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Patch²: Maintaining a patch for a debian p

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Patch²: Maintaining a patch for a debian package
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:32:48 +0200

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 05:26:37PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 04:12:44PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > I have a couple Debian packages that I need to patch with custom local
> > changes. The patches are small and I hence can follow the security
> > updates from the security team.
>
> [...]
>

> > Is this kind of auto-patching already implemented? Maybe apt-fu could
> > be used for that task, but it's apparently discontinued.
> >

> apt-src ?

Thanks a lot, this looks quite good (sorry for the delay, it took me
time to figure out every part of the process, especially since I try
to patch big glibc :)

A drawback is that you have to install _all_ the generated packages
(eg libc6-i686 even if you run on a i586) :/

I got an issue though, but I think it is related to glibc itself:
after installing the built source packages, aptitude/apt-get
absolutely want to upgrade them with the binary versions:
: The following packages will be upgraded:
:   libc6 libc6-dbg libc6-dev libc6-prof

Is this normal?

--
Sylvain