[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #258760] Caucho Developer Source Lice

From: Dave Turner via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #258760] Caucho Developer Source License 1.1
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:12:01 -0500

> [sebastian - Fri Nov 11 11:10:42 2005]:
>
> Hello guys.
>
> If you have got some time, can you please check the
> "Caucho Developer Source License 1.1" if it is
> compatible with the GPL?
>
> http://www.caucho.com/sales/license.xtp
>
> Section 7. let me think that it is incompatible:
> "If you transmit any improvement or modification of the Software to
> Caucho, you agree to assign the copyright of the improvement or
> modification to Caucho."
>
> Thank you. :-)
> Regards,

Yes, incompatible.  And probably non-free until they add "for inclusion
in the Software", since it means that if they download your modified
version, you agree to do something that you may not be able to do (if
for instance, you aren't the sole copyright holder).

--
-Dave "Novalis" Turner
GPL Compliance Engineer