[Savannah-hackers-public] Trackers spam

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Trackers spam
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:14:44 +0100

Although we do not provide blogs, we are more and more often hit by splog /
wikispam in the trackers that allow anonymous submissions or anonymous
comments.
(which, of course, include the administration tracker - if somebody can't
login (s)he needs to be able to post a support request :))

This is not yet really widespread, but it's time to start working on it. What
do you think about this? What kind of protection would be the most efficient?

To my understanding, those spam bots must browse the web looking for web
<form>s, and try to submit spam.

Solutions I heard of include turing tests ("type that number"), enforcing
registration (not always wanted by casual bug reporters), ability to quickly
hide content (makes the spamming useless, but does that prevent spammers from
starting again?), and block IPs (very upsetting for false positives). Maybe
also the ability to block anonymous comments once a tracker item is closed.

Anything else?

Starting points:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_spam